Zika Virus Mosquito Control At Your Home Or Business
Zika mosquito control and any type control of mosquitoes that can carry illnesses and disease have become a major South Florida health concern. If you are questioning, does the Mister Mosquitoes misting system kill the Zika-inflicted Mosquito?
Yes, our system kills and deters the mosquitoes which carry the Zika virus!
Although we are not experts in the virus itself our professionals are experts in effective mosquito control, and can help you rid your property of mosquitoes, no-see-ums, spiders, and other biting pests.
In this page, we share
- Zika Virus news and what is currently known about the Zika Virus
- How the Zika Virus is easily transmitted from person to person
- How to protect your property from being a breeding grounds for mosquitos and other biting pests.
Zika Virus: What It Is and Why It’s A Threat
The Zika virus has spread from Africa and Asia to the Western Hemisphere. For approximately two years, the virus has been
spreading from Brazil and is quickly branching out in all directions, particularly toward parts of the United States.
The Zika virus presents itself much like a cold or flu with symptoms that last a little over a week, but it has been declared an international public health emergency by the World Health Organization because of its various links to birth defects (including brain damage).
What Does This Mean for South Florida?
The U.S. and South Florida is vulnerable to this virus on two fronts:
- Residents who travel to virus-saturated areas are contracting the infection and bringing it back into the United States. South Florida is prone to transmission because our area is such a large travel destination.
- The Aedes aegypti mosquito is the primary carrier of the Zika virus and is already prevalent in the southern United States. In 2016 sections of Miami were a recommended no visit zone. On the west coast of Florida, Naples had reported cases of Zika Virus infected people.
Regardless, with our help at Mister Mosquitoes, all types of mosquitoes can be killed including mosquitoes carrying the Zika virus!
Mister Mosquitoes Eliminates Mosquitoes That Carry Zika Virus
To reduce mosquito populations and their possible bites the Florida Department of Health lists these common best practices:
- Cover your skin with clothing and use mosquito repellent
- Drain standing water from garbage cans, gutters, toys, flower pots or any place water has collected
- Cover doors and windows with screens to keep mosquitoes out
Since there is currently no cure or vaccination for the Zika virus, the only available precaution is to control the carrier, the mosquito.
Mister Mosquitoes – Constant, Convenient Zika Virus Mosquito Control Systems
Mister Mosquitoes offers effective and convenient protection for everyone. With Mister Mosquitoes’ proven mosquito control system, you can eliminate mosquitoes, spiders, fleas, ticks and over 130 other biting pests from your home or business. Mister Mosquitoes is virtually maintenance free, fully equipped with automatic timers and safe for children, pets and plants. To learn more about mosquito control systems at your home or business complete our online request form or for the fastest response call us today!